December 18, 2014

Piggy Banks

I'm back! With another Modern Images video. This is the one I call 'The Piggy Bank'. It is a nice little reminder on how to save money by having Modern Images do your school pictures.

 This one slightly annoys me. The fact that it is portrait bugs the crap out of me. There are worse things than having a portrait oriented video but if I had more background for the piggy bank image I would totally made it a landscape oriented video! But I don't have those files so I can't fix that slight problem. I hope that Brad hates it in portrait landscape when we meet at the chopping block. I want him to give me a new picture to work with to be able to fix this problem.

This was interesting. I needed to figure out how to layer everything in After Effects. I had cut up the original picture I was given so I could animate it. But figuring what needed to be in the very back was difficult. It's easy to say the something was in the background but if you have 5 things you initially labeled as the back ground, you have a slight problem. So if you couldn't tell, I had a crap ton of layers/objects to work with!

Once I was organized I actually started working. I had a dime, a quarter, and a nickel. I masked out the background of those pictures which was relatively easy. Then I just had them drop behind the piggy bank. If you look closely they don't fall in the hole, but I'm not quite sure how to fix that. If Brad doesn't notice, I won't fix it. Netterville probably would notice it just because he's so nitpicky that way.

The music is ok for this video. I don't hate it but I don't love it. It works though.

Here is the pre-chopping block video. Enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment