February 06, 2015

Spring Pictures!

Today is kinda my day off from school and therefore I don't have any classes. So I haven't touched my Get Bigger animation nor do I plan to, but I did get a new project to work on from Modern Images!!!!

It's almost spring picture time and Brad wants a promo for spring pictures. He sent me his ideas via Dropbox so I've been working on that since like 10:30. Nice thing to be doing and all. The whole premise of the video is remembering all the people in your life at different stages of life. The whole nostalgia thing. It mostly targets parents. I think that this shall be very effective.


I started with Memories, I went away from the original storyboard. I felt like Tradition didn't fit the picture. The picture zoomed out and turned maybe 120 degrees. Old memories I think target grandparents who will look at their grand kids pictures or the subject being nostalgic about their time in school. Then came the military service man hold a picture of his(or her) daughter. I really like that picture and enjoyed zooming in on the daughter. I think this part of the video goes to show that everyone should get pictures of loved ones as you never know where life will take you or when your own life will end. Then came the part where a girl grew up in pictures. That was cute. I liked how it shows how parents say their kids grow up to fast. By showing that pictures keep them small and forever keep them stuck in a certain place in life. It was a gun part of the video to do. Then I urged the viewer to order spring pictures. Que the moving logo and the logo. That's kinda what was the focus of the promo.


It wasn't very hard to create. Brad gave me all the pictures I needed. I already had Modern Images logo and moving logo. I just needed to compile everything. So I put in some text before the pictures. I did a Kens Burns effect for the  pictures and at the end I added Modern Images moving logo as well as the still logo. I think that people will remember Modern Images and to order their spring pictures by the end of the video.


 


I'll have to see what Brad says about the video. I might have to make some tweaks to the video.
This would be a fun video to enter into the competition eMagine. Only if I can get it down to 30 seconds. That'll be a fun challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment