August 29, 2014

Quarter One Project

I want to make a 3-D character. I want to make this character to look like a wizard. I drew some inspiration from Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.
Apperance wise I wanted my character to be a male drawing more from the Lord of the Rings powerful wizards being male. And I also feel that socially in medevial times or in ancient Rome women didn't have any power & it wasn't acceptable for them to have a powerful job or a do an occupation that is so well respected in society so I wanted my character to be a male. Because I want him to be an aprentance I wanted him to be young but I feel like he has some training so he definitally isn't like 11 or anything. I started sketching someone in their late teens maybe 20.
Clothing wise I feel like it should have an older feel and lets face it, Gandalf and Dumbledore wear robes. But he is an apprentace! He shouldn't have a full on robe like Gandalf or Dumbledore. I feel like pants are a great thing for this. I mean mobility, he won't trip on the hem like with a robe, and because I'm still kinda figureing out animation I think I need more practice before takeing on a clothing feat like a robe. If you look at Harry Potter, Dumbledore basiclly the master of wizardry, wears the full robe, but all the students wear pants. I think it seperates their knowledge of magic and where they are in the progression. So I think I want pants. But otherwise I don't know what I want from his clothing.
I want to rig my character. I will be using a Human IK. This will be such a big help when I finally animate my character later. I don't fully understand how it works, but from what I've seen, it is genius. So I'll be doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment