May 30, 2015

Personal Character

I've started a new project! I was bored of being bored in class so I started a new project. I am rigging a character. This is like 2 or 3 weeks before the seniors graduate btw. The graduate May 17th.

What I've done so far:
I went into Mudbox and created a human. It wasn't that hard. Mudbox has premade stuff. Is the right presets or would stamp be a better word for it? Anyways Mudbox has a this human body already made. Mudbox also links to Maya. So I imported the human into Maya.
But to successfully do a Human IK rig in Maya, the human needs to be in the t-pose. The Mudbox human is not in the t-pose. So I have to move his arms and hands to get the human in the t pose. Not fun! Getting the flow zone to look right takes patience and time. Two things I don't have at the moment.

But awesome me didn't know that so I put a skeleton in (making sure everything aligned with the model I had) and did a smooth bind. Then I did the next step in rigging my human. I forgot what it was. It didn't look human anymore so I knew something was wrong. I called Spencer Lindsey over to help me. He's like, the human needs to be in the t-pose. I'm like, great. Not. SO I undo all the work I've done so I can put the dude in the t-pose.

I started to put on arm in the t-pose. The end. Well so far. I'll work on it again next school year! Until then guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment